Unidentified subject!

On Wed, 21 Aug 1996, Ninoles, Fabien: DGSE wrote:

> For myself (I have a look-alike partitions table), I prefer
> to boot with a floppy and rerun LILO on my MBR. You will
> set it by replacing your boot line by boot=/dev/sda who
> will write on your sda MBR, in place of /dev/sda2 who
> would write on your partition. After that, just run lilo
> when you're root. the Boot flag are only use in OS/2 or
> MS-OSs at my knowledge. It's better to only have one set
> because MS-DOS doesn't support multiple boot parts.

I replaced line "boot=/dev/sda2" with "boot=/dev/sda"
and now I've an endless loop that goes:

LILO Loading Linux.......

LILO Loading Linux.......

LILO Loading Linux.......

LILO Loading Linux.......

LILO Loading Linux.......

LILO Loading Linux.......

with the seven dots.  Pressing shift gives me the

LILO boot:

What should I try next to get the hard drive to boot
the kernel on the second partition?  I may have ruined
it by writing a boot record onto the second partition.
I really don't know what I've done.  I made sure to
check the second partition - it is set active/bootable.
I'd made a typo earlier and ommited the star (*).

Missing Linux,

Charles