Re: libtiff?

Hi Larry --

You said (ages ago, sorry):

> Trying to install libtiff3-gif says it depends on libtiff3, but the
> dependency listing says libtiff3 doesn't appear to be available.
> What's the deal here and how can I fix it?

This means that the list of available packages in dselect's memory does
not include libtiff3.  I believe you can fix this by executing

dpkg --update-avail <Packages file>

where the last argument is the full path name to a recent Packages
file on your file system (or on a remote system if you're using dpkg-ftp),

or you can use dselect, and choose the Access method again.  This will
cause dselect to run off and re-read the Packages file again.

HTH,
Susan Kleinmann