Re: a problem with "screen"

On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, Pure Energy wrote:

> timberwolf >screen irc Adrenolin
> the screen then clears and i get a msg,
> [screen is terminating]

Sounds like your path to irc may be bad. Have you tried running screen
w/o the irc?

> 	i have run screen now for weeks without this problem. the strange
> thing is that it does this on my personal account, root and one other. on
> all other accounts screen runs fine.

Do these accounts have a unique feature such as the only ones using a
certain shell? If so, they may share a global config file with an incorrect
path.

If that's not it, try adding DEBUG ON in your .screenrc.

Good luck,
Owen