Re: StarOffice under Debian

On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, Shaya Potter wrote:

> On 17 Aug 1996, Christoph Lameter wrote:
>
> > Is anyone running StarOffice under Debian?
> >
> > If so how and where did you get the Motif Libraries?
> >
> I haven't got it running yet,(I have heard that right now it is very buggy)
> but supposdly they include a large set of Motif2.0 in one of the shared
> libraries they include in the program, so all you have to do is install
> it (w/ the StarInst script, I have it if anyone needs it)  and then copy

Look at http://www.stardiv.de/download/sites/README.staroffice !

It tells you that StarOffice needs Motif2.0 Libs, which are _NOT_
included. You have to buy them for real money.

The guys at StarDivision are considering making a version with statically
linked Motif :) but "...cannot promise any release date for these
versions..." :-(

Hope that helps
Rolf