Re: [Fwd: Virus Alert]

On Fri, 16 Aug 1996, Robbie Honerkamp wrote:

> > I remember reading about this several months ago. It was the opinion
> > of most people at the time to be just a joke. Anyone know for sure
> > if it is anything other than a joke?
>
> Not true. You can't get a virus from reading an email message.

Actually this is something that can be disputed quite lot, but thankfully
its not something that would happen while using Debian/Linux. Just to
point out, what I mean by that is that one of the most common ways that I
know for passing around all those macro viruses, that now exist in M$-Word
and Excel, will quite heavily spread around throught M$-Mail or about any
other mailer that supports easy interface for adding those documents or
spreadsheets as attachments.

--
Juha 'Ylis' Ylitalo	Juha.O.Ylitalo@ntc.nokia.com		<work e-mail>
+358 0 511 23313	http://www.helsinki.fi/~jylitalo	<public www>