RE: How do I allow users to run a single command as root?

What you need here is to set the setuid bit. Run this command as root:

   chmod +s filename

Then when you run ls filename you should see something like:

   rws--s--x  1  root      root         4304 Aug 16 13:51 filename

Now when a normal user runs the command, it executes as root. Be careful
with this ability!

Another point of interest: in /etc/fstab you can specify an option of
'nosuid' on a mount point. This prevents setuid programs from running on
the specified filesystem.

Casper Boden-Cummins.