Re: SCSI and EIDE

Al Youngwerth <alberty@apexxtech.com> writes:

> Sorry, I just had to get in my two bits about this...

No problem.

> The drive's CPU can always make better decisions about reordering =
> requests because it knows the details of the drive's parameters and
> its = current state. A drive's CPU can reorder requests based upon
> seek AND = latency; the system's CPU cannot.

I see your point.  I was mostly just voicing a general preference
about avoiding embedded systems.  In this case using the embedded
control might be warranted, but in general, embedded systems are a
real pain to deal with, and most people can't do much to fix them when
they're broken.

--
Rob