MIDI & Debian?

Hi!

Last night I installed kernel 2.0.12 and now I have sound!
Well, I can use auplay to play a .wav file anyway.  I have
no idea how to test the rest of my board's functionality.
Does anybody know of a digital audio package for Debian that
will let me record digital audio?  How about a MIDI package
that will let me at least play MIDI files?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Richard G. Roberto
richr@bear.com
201-739-2886 - whippany, nj

Bear Stearns is not responsible for any recommendation, solicitation, offer or
agreement or any information about any transaction, customer account or account
activity contained in this communication.