Re: Soundblaster 32 pnp kills ethernet card

I don't know if I can really help you here, except to relate my
experiences:

A while back I attempted to install a SB AWE32 PnP sound card, with
absolutely no success. It didn't appear to affect any of my other
cards, but it didn't work. It didn't work under Win95 either, and Creative
Labs' "support" was worse than useless. I exchanged it - the replacement
didn't work any better. I returned it and bought another SB-compatible
PnP card for about 40% less. It installed effortlessly under Win95.

Now the bad news: I'm afraid I haven't tried it with Linux. Drop me a
line if you want me to.

Regards,
Alastair Gregory