Re: how to boot single-user mode?

On Aug 13,  7:44am, Ken Gaugler wrote:
> Subject: how to boot single-user mode?
: Last night I tried and tried to get my system to come up in
: single user mode (so I could do some major filesystem changes).
: I couldn't get it to come up single-user.  I tried booting from
: the original install boot floppy, and to my surprise it booted
: up my kernel on the hard disk?!?!?!
>-- End of excerpt from Ken Gaugler

Just a quick check you can do:  Go into your BIOS setup and see if the
system is set to boot from C: then A:, or to ignore the floppy on boot.
 If so, then you need to make sure that the boot search order is A:,
C:.

This doesn't fix your other issue (not being able to run single-user),
but it's worth checking.

Chris -)-----

crh@nts.umn.edu              Networking and Telecommunications Services