Re: Netscape and XKeysymDB

  Ken Gaugler writes:
  Ken>  I am getting lots of messages about the key symbols not being right.
  Ken> I remember from BSDI that you had to have the nls directory set up in
  Ken> a special place.  Tried to hack this but still not getting the desired
  Ken> result (i.e. no more messages about missing keysyms).

There are several ways out:

 - read the README that comes with netscape :-)

 - install Debian's motifnls package, it creates the required nls directory

 - use Debian's "netscape" installer package

and there are still more possibilities. I simply put netscape's binary into
/usr/local/lib/netscape, along with the moz3_0.zip and the XKeysymDB file,
and then use this script which is saved as /usr/local/bin/netscape

#!/bin/sh
XNLSPATH=/usr/lib/X11/nls/ \
XKEYSYMDB=/usr/local/lib/netscape/XKeysymDB \
exec /usr/local/lib/netscape/netscape "$@"

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                             http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd