Re: Formatting a 4GB Partition

> There was some kind of a bug in 2.0.7, so 2.0.8 was released; similarly
> for 2.0.8->2.0.9 and 2.0.9->2.0.10.  2.0.8 is however, stable.  This is
> the kernel
> which the current Debian installation uses.
>
> >the message "Can't resolve symbol llseek".
>
> This sounds like a programming error.  The symbol should be lseek.

No. llseek is a version of lseek using a 64bit argument (which is required
when dealing with 4Gb partitions).
	# cd /usr/lib ; nm libc.a | grep llseek
	__llseek.o:
	00000000 T __llseek
	00000000 W llseek
See llseek(2).

Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go