Tex won't install

Hello All,

I want to thank you for the hand I got with my last adventure with
dpkg/dselect and it (the link to /bin/perl from /usr/bin/perl)
cleared up a lot of the problems.

However, the *entire* tex package won't install, telling me there are
dependency problems and dselect (although it gives me loads of
superfluos information) doesn't show the conflict between the
packages so it can be corrected!

I'm very tempted to just go and get the source and compile/install
the package myself.  I'd like to use the new system, but have more
trouble with it than a kernel compilation :)

The distribution is from the middle of July, an i-connect CD.  The
problem stated by dpgk/dselect has something to do with texbin
installation postinst script not being able to find what its looking
for, I get an errormessage, and the remaining packages (latex, etc)
remain unconfigured If more information is required, it will be
included in the next post.