shutdown: non-existing PID

shutdown -h now

console-message:
"start-stop-daemon:warning: failed to kill 218: No such process"

Indeed there is no PID 218. BTW the pid-number changes with every
shutdown.
I think it has something to do with X Windows because I have another
debian-system without X Windows installed - and I don't get this message.

Which script invokes this message? (I use sysklogd 1.3-8) for
message-logging and start debian with loadlin.

Please include my personal email-adress in your r.

Cheerio, Michael.

Michael Gaertner <gaertnem@ruf.uni-freiburg.de>
Tel/Fax +49-761-32684