Re: rev?

[dayear@market1.com (David Puryear), 28 Jun 96]

> Does anyone installed linux-source using dselect? I'm getting
> error when I try. Oh well, this is not important since I have
> downloaded and untared 2.0.tar.gz. Just want to mention it.

I had a similar problem, and it seemed related to having downloaded a
a kernel-source-1.3.99 or some in dselect and a kernel-source-2.0.0
on the disk.  It ended up installing fine with "dpkg --install
<filename>".  I had some other problems with dselect, and ended up
installing many packages with "dpkg --install" instead.  Perhaps it
has something to do with that Packages file synch. problem.

Best regards.
Anthony Godshall

-
Paradigm Shifting and Testing