`Packages' not synced with *.deb files --> Solution

Hi,

since I've experienced some problems when I used `Packages'
(.../binary/Packages) files which weren't in sync with the corresponding
*.deb files and since I asked twice for a tool to create these Packages
files from scratch and since I got no answer ... I made a first
attempt to write this tool (and I'm sure, that I reinvented the wheel).

Now I can take my local collected *.deb files (same file system layout
as on the ftp server), `cd /usr/DEBIAN/1.1; mk_packages -v' and all
the `Packages' files are rebuilt.

[ Of course, there are some bugs, but at least for me it worked and I
didn't get annoying updates of already updated packages when I used
dselect ... ]

If there is some interest in this short perl script I could post it to
this mailing list or whereever you want ;-)

Heiko
public pgp : finger heiko@sax.sax.de
fingerprint: A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92