ram needed to install debian

ALLAN W. BART writes:

 > hello,
 >
 > i would like to hear from others out there, the question is this, is it
 > possible to load and install debian in 4mb of ram?
 >
 > allan

Absolutely.  As said, console-only.  I've installed 0.93, run it,
upgraded to 1.1 and run it in 4M.  Standard 16M of swap, though I've
never filled that.  As of not long ago, Bruce's installation testbed was
a 386 with 4M, and he repeatedly tweaked the install to deal with
possible issues people encountered on 4M machines.

--

Ed Donovan			edonovan@world.std.com