Re: Problems with 11-6 boot disks

> ae adds a ^M at the end of newly inserted lines.

Fixed in June 16 floppy set. Install the new ae package if you still
need ae.

> Whoa! "Configuring serial ports....Wild interrupts found: 7 15"
> Please don't do this to me! That's my GUS, also my printer, and my
> secondary IDE controller (which, at the moment, has no active IDE
> devices online). /etc/rc.boot/0serial loads up loads of crap, trying
> to configure cua0 - cua32 or similar...

Uh-oh. That is indeed very optimistic. Please file a bug report with
debian-bugs.

> Wouldn't it be better if the serial module was included by default?

Yes, probably.

> Installation via dftp is broken.. "can't find Carp.pm" (it's referenced
> from vars.pm) (dselect / A / ftp)

Fixed in June 16 boot set.

> I don't have a gateway on my single-computer network (I do have an
> Ethernet card, yes, don't ask). /etc/init.d/networks puts a line:
>	GATEWAY=none
> but then adds a route to it, which results in a hostname lookup
> failure during boot.

Oops. Please file a bug report with debian-bugs.

> /etc/kbd/config has CONSOLE=

Fixed in June 16 boot set.

> Ok.. for the rest: it's smooth. It looks neat - much more neat than
> Slackware, or even RedHat.

> Two more things I'd Like To See (tm):
> - Ask if you really want to mkfs the partition

You mean "mkfs", or the installation floppy menu system? The menu system
does ask for confirmation.

	Bruce