xbiff: cannot convert to type Pixmap

I recently upgraded our system to 1.1.  Now, when I run xbiff, I get:

Warning: Cannot convert string "flagup" to type Pixmap
Warning: Cannot convert string "flagdown" to type Pixmap

And a silly pixmap of shelves or something is shown instead of the
mailbox pixmap.  I had this same problem on my home system when I upgraded
some time ago, but the problem was solved by adding some other packages.
I *thought* the packages I needed to add were aout-xpm and xcompat so I
installed these packages but it hasn't solved the problem this time.  Does
anyone know what other package I need to add to make xbiff display the
pixmaps properly?

Thanks,

Gerry
gerry@blue.intele.net