Herculers graphics on debian?

hello,

thanks for the assitance folks, i think this should be more fun than
reading all of the cue and sams guides-btw, i kind of get the feeling
that most of the commerical linux books are a rip-off?

so here is the question, can i use hercules monochrome grahics in the
text mode on debian, this is to be on my old 386, which has this mode, my
compaq persario has svga, and any ideas on how to efficiently use both of
these sytems together would be appreciated. the compaq has a relatively
small disk and besides i need to put the old northgate to work and
running linux is a reeducation project.

yours,

allan