Re: kernel-package and Lilo

Hi,

	I now have fixed the postinst script so that it first runs a
 test using lilo -t > /tmp/lilo_log.$$; and then runs lilo proper. If
 an error occurs, it prints something to the tune of:
    There was an error with running lilo in test mode, a log is
    available in file /tmp/lilo_log.39678. Please edit /etc/lilo.conf
    manually and re-run lilo, or make other arrangements to boot
    your machine.
	Please hit return to continue
 And waits there till you hit return. This should handle most problems
 mentioned here ...

	manoj
--
 "Dammit, we're all going to die, let's die doing something *useful*!"
 Hal Clement, on comments that space exploration is dangerous

Manoj Srivastava               Systems Research Programmer, Project Pilgrim,
Phone: (413) 545-3918                A143B Lederle Graduate Research Center,
Fax:   (413) 545-1249         University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003
<srivasta@pilgrim.umass.edu> <URL:http://www.pilgrim.umass.edu/%7Esrivasta/>