Re: critical :) nethack question

On Sat, 15 Jun 1996, Syrus Nemat-Nasser wrote:

> This is the wrong forum, but you can use a skeleton key or credit card.
>
> There are many references for this game on the net such as the nethack
> home page: http://www.win.tue.nl/games/roguelike/nethack/.  One thing
> worth mentioning on debian-user however:  The debian nethack package has
> a bug at present: when objects are thrown or certain wands zapped, etc.,
> garbage is drawn on the screen.  The maintainer(s) are aware of this
> already.

Version 3.20 is out (current debian package is 3.13), and apparently there
is a patch for it to use the Qt X user interface libraries to make it look
really good under X.

http://student.uq.edu.au/~s002434/nhqt/

It would be nice to see a debian package of this (although i probably
still wont have time to play it...nethack is still my all-time favourite
game, even though i rarely play computer games these days).

Craig