RE: Local area talk protocal (LAT)?

Hi there,
  It's my understanding that this LAT is sort of like a Chat setup. If you want to connect to an NT network, I would suggest using the Simba package. There is
a real good article on it in this months Linux Journal. I'm no Expert on this, but it sounds like the way to go to me.

Yours,
Dick Sudbury
dickaj7n@ix.netcom.com

----------
Craig Harmon Craig Harmon[SMTP:charmon@skid.ps.uci.edu] writes:
<Stuff deleted>

On the Windows NT network, I am trying to connect to another machine.
Using the Windows Fro Workgroups there is a terminal emulation/connection
software called SmarTerm that uses a LAT protocal to connect to the other
machine through the Windows NT net.  I know the address of the other
machine and it seems to absorb all my pings and telnet doesn't work
either.  I can't find anything in the network software that says anything
about this sort of protocal.  Does anyone know any linux software that
will allow me to connect in this way?

Thanking you in advance,

Craig