Re: Re[2]: DEBIAN Linux on floppy disks

On Wed, 12 Jun 1996 David_Oswald@prenhall.com wrote:

>      use a cable to transfer the files to the laptop from the machine with
>      the cdrom. Dont forget to use a proper cable setup...
>
>      It'll save your ass a ton-o-time. and you wont have to be splitting
>      files across floppies.
>
>      I use xtgold's "xtlink" which works great...
>
>      BUT - if you dont have xtlink...
>
>      MS-DOG provides the software called "interlnk", which does the same
>      thing - more or less.
(clip)

The linux kernel has PLIP (parallel line ip) which can do this once you get
a base system installed... look in /usr/src/linux/Documentation or in the
/usr/doc/HOWTO/PLIP-HOWTO (names may be garbled)... you need a laplink cable
and possibly a version 2 kernel on both ends.

This will provide an IP connection I believe ... you could then NFS mount or
FTP the stuff across.  If you NFS mount you can just install from those
directories... *warning* but I haven't tried any of these things.

__kmb203@psu.edu_________________________Debian__1.1___Linux__2.0.0___
"The C Programming Language -- A language which combines the
flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language."