Re: sysklogd problems

On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, Richard Lovison wrote:

> I just discovered that my system logging utilities stopped functioning two
> days ago after I did some upgrades.  I attempted to reinstall sysklogd
> 1.3-6 but received the following error message:
>
> warning: /etc/init.d/sysklogd doesn't exist during rc.d setup.  Error
> processing sysklogd

I managed to solve my own problem. :)  I extracted the files from
the sysklogd package into a "work" directory and then copied the sysklogd
file to /etc/init.d.  I was then able to reinstall the sysklogd package
and have the logging utilities working once again.  I am still not sure
how the original /etc/init.d/sysklogd disappeared---maybe when I purged
the old version of syslogd. ---Richard