Re: .xinitrc

On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, David M. Cooke wrote:

> I ran into this.  Reading /etc/X11/Xsession told me enough to
> fix it.
>
> Edit /etc/X11/config and add the following lines:
> allow-user-resources
> allow-user-modmap
> allow-user-xsession
>
> I think this should be concidered a bug.  These lines should
> already be present and the sysadmin can remove one or more of
> them in very unusual cases where that might be desired.

Yes, I consider it to be a bug. I haven't worked out exactly which
interaction between the package configuration scripts makes
/etc/X11/config be created without these lines, but I'm going to skip the
problem by writing a little utility to make the scripts properly idempotent.
Expect new X packages in a few days.

Steve Early
sde1000@cam.ac.uk