Re: .xinitrc

On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, Rick Hawkins wrote:

> one more, probably minor thing:  with it set up for xdm, it ignores the
> .xinitrc file in my home directory.  am i missing something obvious?

Here's an example of how I sometimes launch xdm:

xdm -config /home/syrus/.fvwmrc -session /home/syrus/.xinitrc\
  -resources /home/syrus/.Xdefaults

That way, the files in my directory are used for the configuration.
I run this command from a script as root when I want to use xdm.

Syrus.

Syrus Nemat-Nasser <syrus@ucsd.edu>    UCSD Physics Dept.