Re: superuser telnet login refused

In your email to me, Paul Wade, you wrote:

> Before installing Debian Linux, I was able to log in
> as root over telnet. Now it is refused. I am simply
> using a Windows system as a Linux console over
> ethernet. How do I fix this?

Fix it? It's not really broken. The 'normal' security rules say
no root logins from anywhere but the console so you can't get your
root password sniffed... if you want to 'break' the security on your
system, look at /etc/securetty

Tim

--
		       sailer@sun10.sep.bnl.gov
                 "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."