Re: Debian 1.1 man & more

On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Amos Shapira wrote:

> I never went all the way about this, but I allways had the suspicion that
> Slackware's "more" is actually "less" renamed.  Could you check this?
> (maybe try "more -V"?)

I dug up my old Slackware 2.0.1 distribution on cdrom and discovered that
the /usr/lib/man.config file defined the Pager as less with the `s'
option.  I was in error, sorry about that, I thought more was used.  My
provider running System V Release 4 does use more as the man pager and
writes out a temp file /tmp/mpa... for more.---Richard