Re: PPP problem w/ 1.1 install

Hi,
>>"Amos" == Amos Shapira <amos@dsi.co.il> writes:
Amos> I'm still looking for this kernel-image package.  Can't find it
Amos> in the ls-lR files.

	It should appear in the mirrors soon, it was moved out of
incoming recently.

Amos> Now what about support for multiple kernels?  Is it possible to
Amos> have a rule to install the new kernel *near* (instead of over)
Amos> other kernels, or even near other compiles of same kernel?  You
Amos> must know the urge to keep at least one prooven kernel around in
Amos> case the new one crashes.

	The recent kernel packages (headers, sources, and image),
being build from the package kernel-package (or a close ancestor), do
not overwrite older versions. They allow you to keep as many versions
of images or sources on your system as you desire (you, then, have to
explicitly delete them to have them go away).  I always have tow
versions myself ...

Amos> As it is now, it looks like ytou have to manually shift
Amos> /System.map and /vmlinuz and add entries to lilo.conf, or am I
Amos> missing something?

	Yes, the newer kernel-image-X.X.XX packages (which handle all
these details for you).

	manoj
--
"Can you imagine what it would be like if there had been ``look and
feel'' lawsuits over automobiles?"  -- Mark Diekhans (markd@sco.com)

Manoj Srivastava               Systems Research Programmer, Project Pilgrim,
Phone: (413) 545-3918                A143B Lederle Graduate Research Center,
Fax:   (413) 545-1249         University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003
<srivasta@pilgrim.umass.edu> <URL:http://www.pilgrim.umass.edu/%7Esrivasta/>