Appreciation! :)

While reading replies to my recent questions posed to debian-users, I was
once again reminded of why I chose and continue to choose to be a part of
the Debian community.  In a period of less than 24 hours I received help
and advice from others, many located in other parts of the world.  I wish
I could find this level of dedication and helpfulness in the business
world.

I would like to offer my gratitude to all those involved in the
development of Debian for creating a fine distribution of the Linux kernel
and GNU software---it is truly a pleasure to use especially when
upgrading.  I've learned a great deal about Linux and computers in
general in the process of installing and using the Slackware distribution
and now the Debian distribution.  I've always enjoyed discovering how
`things' work and running Linux and GNU software has opened the door to
how operating systems and software work.  At the present time, I use the
system mainly to access the Internet and do some occasional text and image
processing.  Heck, I probably spend the same amount of time maintaining
the system as I do using it and usually enjoy every minute of it---well,
almost every minute. :)

There's something about Debian, Linux and the `free' software concept
that's almost spiritual in its nature---something about uplifting the
human spirit.  Oh well, I might be venturing into the twilight zone here
but all I know is that the Debian Project is something to be cherished.
Hopefully in the near future I'll be able to contribute and give something
back.

 Richard Lovison                              rlovison@plato.simons-rock.edu
 "Are we free agents who seek to learn about the universe, or are we a means
 by which the universe seeks to learn about itself?"     Timothy Ferris