Re: Loading Modules

Sin Hang Kin writes:

> I have debian 0.9R6 installed. I am loading many modules.
>
> I noticed that Debian load modules listed from the /etc/modules.
> However, how could I pass parameters to them?

With 0.93 there' no way I know of. With 1.1 simply be adding them after the
name of the module. They have to be in the same line, though.

> Does things changes on 1.1? Since I would like to upgrade after it is
> out.

1.1 also has kerneld so that you can demand-load modules. Arguments can be
inserted in /etc/conf-modules, too.

> By the way, does the 1.1 make use of less instead of more?

Both are available.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____