SCSI tape not detected

Hi all,

I have a system with SCSI disks and an HP DAT drive. I have
successfully installed 1.1 base from floppies. Now I would like to
access my tape drive but I get "no such device" when I try to tar from
/dev/st?.

My SCSI adapter is an Adaptec2940 Ultra. At boot I get a bunch of
messages from aic7xxx telling me that my SCSI disks have been
detected, then I get a message showing my HP drive but I see no
message telling me that the device was detected (I get two of these
for my disks).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

	Pino Smith