Re: regular (aka bsd) compress distribution?

Perhaps we can fix the font-file compression issue instead?

Under older releases, the X server actually ran a seperate program (so
having uncompress->gunzip did the right thing) to handle both
uncompression and bdf conversion. If XFS doesn't already have gzip
support it should be easy enough to add (and if I remember right,
anything old enough to not support XFS doesn't support compressed
fonts either :-)