Re: kernel headers

Manoj Srivastava said:
[reasoning for putting kernel headers in with libc packages]

Your reasoning is understandable, however, we will just have to agree to
disagree on this issue. I still don't feel it is right to put kernel headers
anywhere except with the kernel (or perhaps as their own package). If people
want to play around with development kernels, they should be prepared for
things to break. Debian should concentrate on providing a complete, stable
system. If users want to break that stability, it's up to them to watch out
for themselves.

I'm not complaining (at least, not very hard), but that's my 2cents worth.

--
Scott Barker
Linux Consultant

[ I try to reply to all e-mail within 5 days. If you don't  ]
[ get a response by then, I probably didn't get your e-mail ]
[ (we have a sometimes sporadic connection to the internet) ]

"The past always looks better than it was.  It's only pleasant because it
   isn't here."
   - Finley Peter Dunne (Mr. Dooley)