Re: which..

>I would just like to add, as which is originally from tcsh (IMHO), why not
>use tcsh to run which and we'll have the same behaviour in bash as in tcsh.

*Actually*, which comes from the BSD shell script /usr/ucb/which.
Using it as a usage example would probably be poor, since it did
things like "set prompt=""; source $HOME/.cshrc" and other gross
kludges. The tcsh builtin is simply "doing it right"; the common bash
'alias which=type' is usually close enough. Given that the script is
for invocation by programs, not users, it doesn't *need* to locate
builtins...