Re: find question (and xargs)

Hi users,

I found the solution (with help from Steve Preston, Kenvin Dalley,
Ray Dassen and Jan Wender).

now I use the following:
find /home/ftp/pub/debian -size +459976c -noleaf -type f -name '*.deb'| \
xargs -l -i sh -c "dpkg --info {} >/dev/null && dpkg-split -s {} && rm {}"

This gives a lot of evil messages about packages not being a debian
archive because they are the splitted archives of a previous run and
not all splitted archives are exactly 459976 or smaller (unfortunately).

I use the dpkg --info command to test whether it is a package.

Erick

--
Erick Branderhorst@heel.fgg.eur.nl +31-10-4635142
Department of General Surgery (Intensive Care) University Hospital Rotterdam NL