Re: Problem with web site

> I have a problem with the Debian web site: http://www.debian.org/
>
> The "Name", "Description", and "Maintainer" fields of some of the packages are
> empty, trying to download such a package results in an "Unknown URL" error.
>
> However this problem is not quiet reproduceable. Last week the problem
> existed for all packages in the "misc" category, today all of them seem
> to be ok. But this does not mean that the effect simply vanished, the ten
> most recent packages on  http://www.debian.org/FTP/ are still damaged.
>
> Any suggestions how to overcome this problem?

There was a name translation bug in the FTP-interface, which has been
fixed now. Please notice that the URLs produced are FTP-URLs; the FTP site
is overflowed with requests, so please download from a mirror
(see http://www.debian.org/ftp-list.html).

The missing information for various entries occurs when the script that
generates the pages isn't able to execute dpkg-deb; please contact me
directly if this occurs.

Greetings,
Ray