Re: what's module net-pf-3?

Michael Harnois writes:

> For no particular reason I ran ifconfig on ppp0. I received the console
> messages
>
> 	modprobe: can't locate module net-pf-3
> 	modprobe: can't locate module net-pf-4
> 	modprobe: can't locate module net-pf-5
>
> and then ifconfig completed apparently normally.
>
> Someone have a clue what's happening here?

ifconfig causes the kernel to load all network protocols that aren't
configured into the kernel as modules. However, these three are not even
available as modules. Since they aren't needed it doesn't have any influence
on the execution. I will upload a new modules package soon (hopefully
Thursday) and it will take care of this. If you wnat to get rid of these
messages just add the following lines to your /etc/conf.modules file:

alias net-pf-3 off
alias net-pf-4 off
alias net-pf-5 off

Michael