dftp bug

Just bumped into a bug (prob. of little importance):

in the dftp script (1.4) I said yes to 'remove ./debian directory' and
it barfed.

Do you want to remove ./debian directory? [n]: y
Undefined subroutine &main::rmpath called at
/usr/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/install
        line 444, <STDIN> chunk 6 (#1)
    (F) The subroutine indicated hasn't been defined, or if it was, it
    has since been undefined.

Uncaught exception from user code:
        Undefined subroutine &main::rmpath called at
/usr/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/install line 444, <STDIN> chunk 6.

installation script returned error exit status 29.
Press RETURN to continue.

__kmb203@psu.edu_____________________________Debian/GNU__Linux__1.3.77___
Hey guys, I just heard something that really worries me...
(wringing hands)  What is the correct side of the bed to get up on?