Re: xaw3d: scroll bars don't look right

On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, joost witteveen wrote:

> Because you're not the only one with this question, I'm including a
> file in /usr/doc/xaw3d/scrollbars escpecially about this topic.
> I'll probably release the next xaw3d version this weekend, but
> I would like to recieve some comments about it: Should the
> file maybe have a different name (what was it you looked for
> before posting the question), are there things I'm not very clear
> about?

Sounds like a good name to me.

My specific problem is that the bar does not look 3-d like it is supposed
to.  Whether we allow the arrow scroll bars or not does not seem as
relevent as making them look 3-d.  So, if we just use the old scroll bars,
can they still look 3-d?  If so, then I wouldn't really care which scroll
bar we used, but I guess I'd probably rather have the arrow-scroll bars
enabled.

Yesterday, I downloaded the source for the xaw3d package and enabled the
arrowsrollbars.  Now I have arrow scroll bars, but still no looking 3-d
appearance (they still have the dithered color of the Athena scrollbar
with no shading).  Why is this the case?  Is there something else I need
to change in the source in order to make it look 3-d?  I'm using the same
.Xresources file as I was using when I just installed xaw3d by hand and
everything looked good then.  Have I messed something up?

Thanks,

Gerry
gerry@blue.intele.net