RE: read and REPLY

Thanks for all the help guys! I now have a script that *sort of* works.

This script is a general attempt to perform a base upgrade. It reads from
a file to get the order of opperations and then calls dpkg to do the
installation.

The problem cropped up right away. When the script tries to install dpkg
everything works ok until dpkg tries to run the post install script. When
it prompts the user for input it produces an error and dpkg exits (so does
my script)

What do I need to do to get this input request to work?

TIA,

Dwarf