Ethernet Woes

Hi again,

OK, so I bought an Intel Etherexpress Pro10.  I installed
it.  I modified /etc/conf.modules thusly, adding :

options eexpress io=220 irq=11

at the bottom.

Then I modified /lib/modules/*/modules.dep so it included a line
for eexpress namely:

/lib/modules/1.2.13/net/eexpress.o:

And then I rebooted.  I noticed when it booted it said loading modules,
and seemed to load eexpress (no error messages).

But I get a ton of errors shortly after of the type:

SIOCIFaddr: no such device,
and about 15 more SIO errors.

OK guys,  what am I doing? :(

Alternatively, should I just ditch the intel card and buy a 3com?
Perhaps using a card that's listed as (other) isn't the wisest
idea.

Name: Ben Goodwin