Re: Do NOT hit `-' on `All Packages' in dselect

  >From: Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk>
  >Do not do this.  If you do and then use `Remove' from the dselect main
  >menu dselect will attempt to REMOVE EVERY PACKAGE ON THE SYSTEM !

I made this mistake a few months ago, while attempting to understand and use
dselect for the first time. Previously, I had just used dpkg. I managed to
^C before irreparable damage was done, but still had to do extensive work
to reinstall most packages.

I believe there is a real problem with the nomenclature used in
dselect, especially words of the form "*select". Right know I think it
is (sorry if this is somewhat in error - my Debian system is at home):

	purge
	deselect
	on hold
	select