what's "comsat" for?

Hi!
I'm using Debian 0.96R6 sometimes to connect to the net via PPP.
The PPP host I'm using allocates the names and IP numbers dynamically, so
the name always differs from my internal hostname.

When I'm looking into /var/log/daemon.log, I find in.comsat being started
every 6 seconds, then refusing to work since the "internal" hostname isn't
the one "externally" used, as far as I get it.

Is this bad? What is in.comsat for?
Should I fix it by changing /etc/hosts.deny (now it says "ALL: PARANOID")?

Thanx...
	-Michael