Re: re-installation problem

> I just upgraded my system from a i486 DX4100 to a pentium 120.
> I also changed my cdrom from a Panasonic 2X to a Toshiba ATAPI 4X.
> Now I am having trouble reinstalling Debian linux.What custom modual
> and/or command line parameters do I need to get the kernal to recognise
> my CDROM drive?

I happen to have a Toshiba ATAPI 4x cdrom (5302B), and all I needed to
do was enable ATAPI CDROM support in the kernel.  In order to work on
data CDs, you also have to either compile in iso9660 support, or make
it a module and use kerneld or load it at boot time (any of these
work, just depends on what you feel like doing).

If you need any help with doing any of these, feel free to send
e-mail!

Jim