Shadow-aware Debian packages

Hi,

I just started modifying Debian packages to work with shadow passwords.
The packages (i386 binaries, modified sources, and diffs from original
Debian packages) are available from:

ftp://ftp.ists.pwr.wroc.pl/pub/linux/shadow/debian/

The whole /pub/linux/shadow directory is also available from at least
the following mirror sites:

ftp://iguana.hut.fi/pub/linux/shadow/
ftp://ftp.cin.net/usr/ggallag/shadow/
ftp://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/shadow/

Currently, the following packages (in ELF format, based on sources from
the unstable tree) are available:

ppp-2.2.0e-3-shadow.deb
samba-1.9.15p4-1-shadow.deb
screen-3.6.2-11-shadow.deb
sudo-1.3.1pl4-1-shadow.deb
vlock-0.8-2-shadow.deb
wu-ftpd-2.4-20-shadow.deb
xlockmore-3.6-1-shadow.deb
xtrlock-2.0-2-shadow.deb

(-shadow added to file names only to avoid confusion with the standard
packages)

These packages are supposed to work with both shadow and non-shadow
passwords, so please test them as much as you can, even if you are not
using shadow passwords.  I haven't tested the modified pppd - I don't
use it.  I have tested all other packages listed above.  Some of them
(vlock, xlockmore, xtrlock) have to be installed setuid root to work
with shadow passwords - I reviewed the source and sometimes cleaned
it up a bit, so it should be safe (insert standard disclaimers here).

A few things are still missing - the modified netstd package should be
available soon.  I can't seem to be able to find source for the xbase
package (need to recompile xdm).  It's not on ftp.debian.org, at least
not in the obvious place (/debian/unstable/source/x11) - why?

sulogin from sysvinit-2.59-2 already works fine with shadow passwords.
If there are any other packages which need to be modified, please let
me know.  Thanks!

Marek