Re: mke2fs and mount problem

> I had miss-remembered the default for
> mount as being ext2, when in fact it is minix.
> Two questions: Why is minix the default file system for mount? Why does
> mount hang when trying to mount an ext2 file system as minix?

Isn't there still a comment in the source for mount saying that
the minix default is only temporary until ext2 stabilises?  Some
of us have been compiling mount with ext2 as the default for a long
time, and some others may have had such mount commands without
realising it.

It seems to me a good idea to change the mount source in util-linux
to default to ext2, and to see that all future binaries have this
as the default.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk