Re: quick question

On Sun, 31 Mar 1996, T. Moore wrote:

>  I have a quick question.. in the X setup, I incorrectly specified my
> mouse port as ttyS1, when it should be ttys0.  Gpm works fine, but when
> I run X, the mouse wont move.  Anyone know where this is specified? Ive
> looked in xinit and xinitrc, but to no avail.  thanks
>

> Tom F. Moore, III 			http://www.acs.appstate.edu/~tm11369
> - Simple, short and sweet sig file...

For me it is /etc/X11/XF86Config, but I also have a /usr/lib/X11/XF86Config
which is a link to the same place, I don't remember which is the original
location.  Look in there under 'pointer'.

By the way, you can use the "gpm -R" option to turn on 'repeater' mode which
reoutputs the gpm input as a mouse systems mouse at /dev/gpmdata.  There may
be side effects, I think the X11 cursor may slow under heavy load, but I
can't quite tell.  This will allow you to use gpm and X11, of course the
cut-and-paste buffers are seperate.

__kmb203@psu.edu_____________________________Debian/GNU__Linux__1.3.77___
"The C Programming Language -- A language which combines the
flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language."