Re: kernel 1.3.xx compile problems.. (part deux)
- To: Steven Bolt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: debian-user@Pixar.com
- Subject: Re: kernel 1.3.xx compile problems.. (part deux)
- From: Steffen Mueller <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 09:50:43 +0100 (MET)
- Message-id: <Pine.SUN.3.91.960327094732.20619A-100000@xlink108>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.91.960326182708.27963B-100000@Odi>
On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Steven Bolt wrote:
Hi Steven and all the others,
> Hmmm... An old 386, like mine... Which also suffered a bad case of
> signal 11.
With my old AMD386-DX40 board I wasn't able to build a kernel due to
signal 11 traps. I even changed memory modules but with no effect.
After buying a 486 Board using the same memory modules (with shuttles) it
worked flawlessly since then !
> Try temporarily swapping simms with another machine. If that
> doesn't help, try swapping the ide interface card. (For me swapping
> bits has so far proved to be the fastest and most reliable way of
> locating hardware problems.) I would bet about 7 to 3 that you'll
> be changing the mb in the end, though. The good news: a useful mb
> (486DX4?) isn't that expensive anymore :)
That's what i did and i did it with success !
Steffen R.Mueller __ ___ _ _ email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NTG Netzwerk und Telematic GmbH \ \/ / (_)_ __ | | __ fax : +49 721 9652 210
Geschaeftsbereich Xlink \ /| | | '_ \| |/ / phone: +49 721 9652 211
Vincenz-Priessnitz-Str. 3 / \| | | | | | < RIPE : SM25-RIPE
D-76131 Karlsruhe, Germany /_/\_\_|_|_| |_|_|\_\ WWW.Xlink.net/~steffen